Congratulations, you have made the Connection!
Established in 1990 with a few basic patterns we are now offering a wide range of stitching and quilting designs. Our primary customer is the independent quilt shop owners. Please click Store Locations to find a store near you!
NEW Patches of Spring
- You have my permission to copy anything off the DVD for classes, BOM program Or a weekend retreat program – not to be sold over the internet.
- #324 CD is also available that include all the embroidery items for customers that do not attend your class.
- The program is designed for Machine Embroidery and/or Traditional Applique.
- If you sell the Cameo Silhouette machines give a demo on cutting the applique shapes. The files are also included with the DVD.
- On the DVD there are also other class ideas that could be used for components on the quilt. For instance the items above. The Heart Mug Rug background is quilted in the hoop along with the applique. The Tulip Mug Rug and Table Runner demonstrates an Accent binding that looks like piping.
NEW #323 -Machine embroidered line accesory bags made in the hoopThe fronts of the bags include either a plain look, quilted, decorated band or applique. Directions include three hoop sizes for the lined accessory bags.
Hoop size for Small: 130x180 (5"x7")
Hoop size for Medium: 140x200 (5 1/2" x 7 3/4")
Hoop size for Large: 180x300 (7"x11")
Cameo Silhoette - included SVG applique cutting files.
Formatted for: Art v5.0, Dst, Exp, Hus, Jef, Pes, Vip & VP3.
Also includes a step by step Power Point instructional slide show.
#322 - From My Window NEW78" x 94" Nine panels are sewn separately then joined with lattice strips to create a window pane illusion. Each CD has a wall hanging pattern to feature each monthly block. Purchase all twelve to make the 78" x 94" quilt. Formats: Art.5.0, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3
The 35" x 29" base wall hanging is included with the CDs. Velcro or button the bright version of FROM MY WINDOW ( 20" x 14") to the wall hanging.
...NOT JUST ANOTHER TOWEL NEWThe monthly club for machine embroidery or traditional applique enthusiast will focus on different sewing feet and techniques using tea towels. The designs were generated from two other BOM programs called “From My Window” for machine embroidery and ” Home Is Where The Heart Is“ for traditional applique.
#321 Let It SnowTwo versions are available on the multi formatted CD.
Quilt #1 (purple) is the FILLED version measuring 28" square.
Quilt #2 (red and green is APPLIQUE in the hoop measuring 38" x 36". The blocks are 5" square with lattice applied to connect the sections.
Embroidery designs in the following formats:
Art.V5.0, Dst, Exp, Hus, Jef, Pes, Vip and VP3.
The minimum size hoop for these designs is 140 x 200.
#319 Patches of PosiesThe flowers on the 50" square quilt are all done with embroidery thread to create the designs. Appliqueed leaves, fringed centers and covered buttons complete the blocks. The circle blocks have a look of rick rack to finish off the appliqueed center. Applique the flowers in a hoop for the 76" x 96" Medallion quilt then complete the quilt with three styles of pieced borders. The FLYING GEESE, BIAS SQUARES and the DECORATIVE border were ALL done in a hoop. Formatted 5" x 7" design field for: Art V5.0, Dst, Exp, Hus, Jef, Pes, VIP & VP3.
#318 - MACHINE EMBROIDERY
#318 Animal Antics - machine embroidery and #152 Animal Antics - traditional applique
The CD has the designs both for FILLED work and APPLIQUE in the hoop. Instructions for making the 76" x 88" and 50" square wall hanging are also included. The animals fit a 5 x 7 design area formatted for ART V5.0, Dst, Exp, Hus, Jef, Pes, Vip and VP3. It does not include the designs for a 130 x 180 hoop.
#152 - TRADITIONAL EMBROIDERY
Both layouts are included in the pattern for a 76" x 88" twin quilt and a 50" square wall hanging. A technique is suggested for making the fusible templates without tracing.
#2 Stitcher's GardenThis six month BOM program gives your customers the opportunity to utilize their sewing machine and feet. A shop packet is available for the 61" x 83" quilt. Directions are also included for a twin quilt. A few of the techniques used include:
* TWIN and WING needles
* BOBBINWORK has been stepped up for more challenges on the flower and leaves using not
only #5 Perle cotton but an 1/8" polyester satin ribbon.
* TWISTED floss in front of the needle on vines.
* FRINGE or TAILOR TACK foot is used around one of the centers for a looped edging.
* COUCHING rick rack and 1/8" ribbon adds another dimension to the blocks.
* CIRCULAR attachment is used to create a flower and border.
* RUFFLER is a new foot being featured to create three flowers.
* BINDER foot is another new foot being featured not to bind the quilt but to add an accent
edge to the corner triangles and the edge of the binding.
#317 Stitches In Bloom
Techniques included on this quilt are as follows. Use a binder foot attachment NOT to bind the quilt but to use as an accent (block #12) and added trim to a binding edge. Couch rick rack or ribbon for added dimension (blocks #3, #6, #9 & #10). The button foot attaches the buttons easily (blocks #4 & #10). Add a decorative stitch to the edge of a block for extra flair (block #4 ). Stitch recipes are another way to add interest to the blocks (#2, #5, #7 & #11). Piping around the blocks creates that little touch of color to make the block pop (blocks #5 & #11).
#213 Winter BluesThe 44"x48" quilt is avalable in two styles. #213 CD is for machine embroidery and #214 is for hand stitching. The Snow People and stars are stitched on to ovals with decorative stitching added around the oval shape.
Also available #214 Winter Blues Hand pattern.
#215 Santa’s Calendar
Included on the CD are three styles of quilts. The 57" x 73" Redwork quilt has a decorative
stitch added as a border on the blocks with rickrack sewn on the lattice. The blocks are
formatted for 5" x 7" design area and 8" x 8" area. The 30" x 38" Redwork has monthly
banners. The colored quilt uses a 5" x 7" design area. Tips are given to achieve a fun and
colorful quilt using either crayons, colored pencils or fabric markers.
Also available #216 Santa's Calendar Hand pattern.